Monday, September 11, 2006

Blogging: Take 2

Well look here, its Gary and he's back in action. I've decided that it is time to offically start up the old blog again. I need to start to chronical all of these crazy times I've been happening. Also it gives me something to do when the times are not so crazy and I become really bored.
Hmm, it would seem that there is a lot to recap. So I'll make it as short at possible now and then try to make things a tad bit longer once I get some more time. So here we go:
My name is Gary. I am 19. I am currently living in the small town of Altes Lager, Brandenburg, Germany. I am on a one year program with a Mennonite (yes, those crazy mennos...) group called Intermenno. Although I am enjoying myself here, I call real home Stouffville, Ontario, Canada.

Currently I am working as an English teacher in about 5 kindergartens, 2 sports halls and at least 2 cities. Most likely that list will grow with time. Right now I play lots of soccer, sing songs, and generally play and colour with 5 year olds. I love it.

Why, am I here? I have no idea. As for now, I'll take the easy road out and say that I'm here to 'find myself'. Most likely I am here to avoid starting my life in the real world, but thats an issue I'm sure I'll have plenty of time to deal with as the year presses on.
I have seen a lot, and done much in my short time here. I've seen the Wall, wild boars, lots of Europeans and much, much more. So far my crazy Euro-trip has been only in Holland and Germany. I'm sure that will grow in time. I'm getting ahead of myself though.

Personally, I have always found the act of 'blogging' to be very satisfying. I try to be as honest and interesting as possible. I used to have an old blog but I found it to be going in a very negative direction so I wanted a fresh start for a fresh country. You can find it here at www.truthinillusion.blogspot.com. But be forwarned that its not all that great and I think it no longer will provide you with an accurate discription of yours truely. I'd like to say that I've grown a lot but who are we kidding? Those of you that know me, know that I don't grow (save sideways). I mature at a shockingly slow pace. What can I say? I'm awesome, maybe.

And with that I'll end today's blog and be back tomorrow to retell the start of my journy from Toronto, Canada to Berlin, Germany via the lovely city of Amsterdam.
Peace out

p.s. - Swedish Chef anyone? Heck yes!

No comments: