Tuesday, September 19, 2006

I'll stop my rambling...

The second post in one day. Very unusual, thats for sure. Sometimes you just need a little bit of extra emtional release I guess.

Where to even begin to describe how I feel at his moment? I million things are running through my head. Different people, places, what will happen tomorrow, this weekend, a year from now, etc. There is certainly a lot to mull over and if there is one thing that I have plenty of here in Altes Lager, its free time.

I'm thinking about things that have happened in the past. There is still so much I have to come to terms with from back home. A whole life I just left behind. This is by far the oddest feeling ever. At this moment, there is nothing I wouldn't give to be back at home in Stouffville. Weird, eh? During my childhood right up to highschool, I don't think there was a place I hated more in the entire world. I could do with a nice campfire and my own bed for a night though. Things to look forward to I guess.

Its frustrating because it seems that there is so much I want to do back in Canada. There are things I want to start and people that I want to be with. Fall was always the best time of life in Canada.

On the other hand, I think there is a mountain of things here in Deutschland that still need to be resolved. It harder than I ever thought it would be. Actually, I knew how hard it was going to be, but I chose to ignore it. Its hard, but I'm still at the point that I'm enjoying myself. However, I am looking forward to going to Meckesheim this weekend so Keith and I will be able to interact with normal (?) people.

I just miss the things that made life normal and convient. Like normal food, places being open past 6pm, my beautiful music collection, and even my lovely computer. I miss my friends and even that stupid bakery and the freaking Italians. Its only natural to miss these things though.

There is a feeling I get here, that I don't get elsewhere. Its an old feeling, odd to describe unless you've been to Europe.

No comments: