Thursday, September 28, 2006

Meckesheim and then back to life in Altes Lager

Well Mechesheim was pretty much a blast. Keith and I did not make our first train so we ended up buying a new ticket. It really was not all that pleasent of an experience but the train ride through Bavaria almost made up for it.

I have to say that southern Germany is much more....awesome than the north. Don't get me wrong, I love being in the North and being an East side boy, but it gets a little lonely out here! The green hills and awesome people in the south seemed to suit me just as good though!

We got to the conference in one piece and then we met some new committee members from Switzerland, like Debbie, and some old ones from Germany, like Dora and Corola. It was awesome getting to see everyone again and have some fairly deep english conversations. We played some games and swapped stories about our first couple weeks in Europa.

The next day we went to Heidelberg, which was a-freaking-mazing. I will never forget it. We went to the castle and then to the old town. It was very 'cute'. I hate that word, but it fits well in this situation.

All in all, a good time was had by everyone. I'm already looking forward to the end of next month when everyone is coming from Swizerland, the Netherlands, and Germany. Should be awesome.

Today in kindergarten, I was the hero because I found a sleeping hedgehog on our walk around the village. We also looked at baby cows and horses and learned the different types of fruit in English. I love days like today.

Once I got home I took a nice 3 hour hike through the forest and then had a 4 hour nap. Just plain cool.

No comments: