Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Even November can have its days...

November in Germany is suppost to be one of the worst months of the year. This is something that I can personally attest to. So far this month has been crap. Plain and simple. The weather has been so nasty, somedays I don't want to step outside. Today was a nice and welcome change to the norm.

I took advantage of this nice sunny day to take a hike in the woods and do some thinking about a book I just read. This book being Hannible, the book proceeding Silence of the Lambs. I have to say that I was very intruiged up until the end, where it had possibly one of the worst endings ever.

-SPOILER-

Starling ends up with Dr. Lecter in a weird nympho-I eat people- relationship. I'm sorry, but what the hell man. Yes, the naratives were interesting and there was some excellent detail on some of the characters but this ended screwed it over. Starling having sex with Dr. Lecter is just wrong on so many levels and effectivly ruins the entire trilogy. It makes me wish I never read the damn thing.

-END SPOILER-

Anywho, other than that I've been working on a form in which I must reflect on the first 3 months of my experience. Part of me likes it and part of me wishes I could leave after six months and go to the West. Thats what I essentially summed up.

Well, I have to go start more reading so I can have something to reflect upon tomorrow.
Peace out.

1 comment:

Brandi said...

Hey, I just saw that you left a message on my site a while back. How is Intermenno treating you? Back in my day (imagine old lady voice here), we didn't have a trainee in Berlin...

November is a tough month in Germany, that's for sure. It gets dark so early and the Germans get really, really bitchy this time of year.

If you want to send me an e-mail, feel free: brandihertig@web.de