Thursday, March 15, 2007

Kick the Dark Horse in the Tooth!

So I had friend send me an email in which she expressed some of her difficulties working with 2-3 years olds. Apparently, the time when they are at their sweetest is when they are sleeping. I can seriously relate to that, but I still think that 3 year olds are the best age group to spend time with.

Take today for example, one in which 3 year olds had most of my attention. As we were playing outside today I had a group of about 6 little girls following me around. This is actually quite rare as most of these girls previously were quite shy or just plain scared of me. Today however, I wooed them over my starting a round of ‘Alle meine Entchen’ or ‘All my Little Ducks’, a common children’s song. Obviously, I was doing a poor job, so that had to show me how to do it right. Then I started singing Great Big Sea songs and they all pulled up little chairs and we sat outside in the sun. I would finish my song and then they would start a song of their own. As much as I hate to use this word it was ‘cute’. Watching us sing in our circle was so cute, it would have made puppies blush.

Again at this Kindergarten I got a reprimand, but this time it was for bringing treats for whoever one the game we played in English (actually I brought enough for everyone). Last week’s was for smiling while the teacher yelled at a kid. I felt horrible; all I really want is for someone to validate the work that I do here! Make’s you want to scream sometime.

Anywho, other than that today was pretty good. I came home to the realization that we had to do 2 hours of Sport and then right after do English for adults. Needless to say, I was hardly in a working mood after working all day. However, English for adults was cancelled because only one person showed up and for kindersport only about 4 kids (and 3 adults...) and two of the kids were the other adult’s children, so all worked out pretty well.

Keith is going to München tomorrow, so I’m all alone for the weekend. A co-worker asked me if I wanted to accompany her to go to Poland. I said no, but I might consider. I’ve seen Poland, and I kind of wanted to chill for the weekend. It is going to Poland for free though...mal sehen.

Ich wünsche dass ich besseres Deutsch sprechen könnte...und schreiben...und buchstabeiren...und, und, und....

note: edited for horrible German spelling and sentence structure.

6 comments:

dan of becks mills said...

nie ja, du kannst sehr gut Deutsch schreiben, sprechen, und so weiter. i went to poland with jolanda. it was pretty neat to have a natural give the tour

Anonymous said...

Ich wünsche dass ich besseres Deutsch sprechen könnte...und schreiben...und buchstabieren...und, und, und....

Anonymous said...

schuldigung

gary h. said...

thanks for the help, and don't be sorry, I'm the one that can't spell.

Anonymous said...

i couldn't have chosen anyone better to be in your placement. you're doing a marvelous job and the things you are learning will last you lifetimes... keep it up! :) only a few more weeks (5 to be exact!)...

gary h. said...

I know only 5 more months. That makes me so sad to think that time is going by this quickly. I could go for a few extra months to be added on.