Sunday, March 11, 2007

Off to Berlin

Frau Förester is currently on her way to pick Keith and I up to go to a musical in Berlin. This will be my first musical experience besides 'Seseme Street' when I was just a young lad. I've already had a taste of the ballet this year and I doubt it could be worse than that.

Other than that, I've just made some pea soup and I am famished. Driving old people all day works up quite the hunger!

ps. work on the 'The Taming of the Kuh' is coming along quite nicely. Be afraid.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


So, I am now reporting back here on the evening out. Wow. That is what I have to start with. The musical wasn’t so much of a musical, as it was a ‘euro-dancical’. I did not understand one thing that was going on, and it wasn’t because of my lacking German skills to say the least. It was called Rhythmus Berlin, and it was a musical about Berlin through the 20s to present (although they really didn’t go in any specific order when the play was going along to my dismay).

The dancical was 3 ½ hours long with a 15 minute break. That is a long time to still watching people dance and sing in a foreign language. By the end I was glad to be out, if not for that reason only.

I suppose it was okay, I’d give it a 6/10. There were some things in it that I liked, such as silly dancing Germans (silly is not in the German vocab), and there were some pretty good acrobatic scenes, lot of flips and whatnot. Not to mention there was a part with ballet Nordic –walkers, simply hilarious.

Overall, it was still nice to spend some time with the Föresters. It was nice of them to take us to Berlin for the afternoon for a bit of good culture. They even gave us a bit of sekt that they had hiding in their trunk.

I give this day 3 stars out of 5. The story was lacking at times, but the graphics were sweet.

No comments: