Tuesday, January 29, 2008

2008

So talk about being a neglectful blogger. I find blogging to be quite like taking out the garbage. Sometimes you straight up do not want to do it, and so we let it sit. Eventually though, if you leave it long enough, it tends to build up to the point where it becomes quite the task to get it all out.

Anywho, here is the skinny. It is now 2008. Happy New Year. I spent the new year in Ottawa with Matt J, my friend from Switzerland Debbie, and and another Intermenno friend Erin. Needless to say it was awesome and a good time was had by all. Debbie made out with an American dude. It was awesome. Matt and I were very interested in these very nice Aussie babes for the majority of the time. Actually, as it would turn out, they were in fact not babes at all, but rather large women. Not that I am that superficial to care.

What am I up to now? Good question. I work at a Boston Pizza in Stouffville. I like a few of the people I work with but I still spend a large portion of the day thinking about not working or somehow wishing I was back in Germany.

I have decided to return back to the University of Waterloo this coming Fall and it looks like I will be living in an apartment with some friends. Part of me is super excited and the other half of me is scared to death. Still a lot to mull over in that department.

I am currently seeing a very nice girl who looks like she'll be a lot of fun. She is young. Very young, but whatever. I have been spending a lot of time with her and she it pretty much amazing. She's going to get me into trouble, I can see it already.

I have the feeling of being supremely unsettled again. I am starting to get that flight feeling. That I just need to take off again and do my own thing. I am not really sure what to do. I sometimes wonder if I will ever follow through and actually complete university or if I'm doomed to be one of those guys who lives in various hostels when I'm 45.

No comments: