Wednesday, March 19, 2008

It had something to do with a wenesday....

"If I had eyes in the back of my head, I would have told you that you look good as you walked away". That is one heck of a hilarious pick up line provided to us today by none other than Mr. Jack Johnson. I received his new album a few days ago and I am now giving it a good listen. So far so good.

I don't work until 5pm today so I have had the morning to chill and do my own thing. Oddly enough, I didn't sleep in. Whenever I have the opportunity to sleep in I usually get up bright and early. What did I have to wake up to this morning? A piping hot bowl of pea soup. I need to stop eating weird things. Having been so many places in which breakfast is defined by whatever you have around from the previous day, I now have very few qualms about downing a can of coke and leftover pizza for breakfast. Pea soup, however, was what was available.

On a more personal note, I have now come to the conclusion that I no longer believe in God. Feels weird to be writing that. I agree with the values, the morals and I am still a very big advocate of nonviolence and pacifism, but I just cannot lie and say that I believe in a God who rules over my destiny and everything else. Perhaps its my astounding ability to refuse to let anyone tell me what to do. The very idea of having my life fit someone else's ideals is just something that doesn't sit well with me.

This is a little worrying as I just signed up to be a leader in my churches adults group. I wonder how they are going to take it. I'm thinking that I'm just going to tell them and go cold turkey. I feel bad about it, but its what's healthy I guess.

No comments: