Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Deep Breath

This past week certainly has been more exciting than many others I've had in the past 6 months. By that I mean that I have barely had a chance to just sit and let my mind wander a bit. This week promises to be more of the same. Its been good though. Mostly.

Last week I started back at school for the first time in almost 2 years. It was scary and invigorating at the same time. I was prepared for this so the shock wasn't that bad, but I am still getting used to having to do homework and the vast amounts of reading, not to mention keeping a much busier social life and working at the same time. Life has shown that it can get a little hectic.

Normally, at this point I would be stressing out. This time, however, I find myself rising to the challenge with a light heart. There are good days and bad, but I know that if I channel this energy of mine into being productive then I can do this. By being more openly productive I am able to see the fruits of my labour, and I like that.

My life feels organized and it allows me to be so much more flexible than I was in the past. Perhaps 'flexible' isn't the right word for it. I'm just able to deal with oncoming issues more efficiently.

I went out with Natalie today for lunch and the Barelyworks, that restaurant above the Heuther. It was good to see and talk with her. Our Grandfather just recently passed away and tomorrow is the funeral, so I'll be seeing a bit more of my family this week. She helped me do some shopping for random items and we got her some guitar strings. A nice day.

As for this week coming up, there is a lot to get ready for.

Tomorrow - I have Grandpa's funeral and then work until 2am right afterwards.
Thursday - I promised my roommate Ben that I would go to the Lil' Wayne concernt in Toronto with him. His buddy backed out at the last second, so even though this is not really my type of music, it'll be good to spend some time with him.
Friday- My friends are hosting a party that I have to go to. There is a good chance that I will be living at this house next year. Fingers crossed! Its apparently a much sought after place.
Saturday- My good friend is putting on an art show in Kitchener, so I plan to go to support her.

Yikes! Busy, busy!

No comments: